“It is true, there are big challenges in energy that need intelligent solutions, and they are needed fast. The energy sector is a highly political one, touching directly on sensitive and strategic issues of the highest national level. It also touches directly on the interests of the biggest companies and at the same time is has a direct impact on the daily lives of all us, citizens.”
– GUNTHER OETTINGER, EU COMISSIONER FOR ENERGY, 17.05.2013
2013 has been another key year for UK, EU and global Energy Law and Policy, with important new directives and communications being discussed and implemented on an unprecedented scale.
Never has there been a time when those new proposals have had so much impact on the development of corporate strategy and business and understanding them is vital for those involved in energy.
Practical Law’s 1st Annual Energy Law Business Forum is a strategic and practice-driven summit, which will give you an excellent opportunity to network with the best of the energy law sector.
It is also the only Energy Law Forum in Europe, providing a platform for legal professionals and senior energy managers from both power and oil and gas industries to assess the latest legal developments from a practical business perspective.
Join us for two days of keynote presentations, interactive streamed sessions and panel discussions focusing on most complex legal issues and learn how to efficiently operate in the current transnational energy context. Hear about the practical tools and techniques for putting new policies and legislation into practice as well as most prospective new business opportunities within the energy sector.
We will be honoured to welcome you in London on the 5th and 6th of November at the Practical Law’s 1st Annual Energy Law Business Forum!
THE ADVISORY PANEL AND SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- GRAHAM VINTER, General Counsel, BG GROUP
- DAVID ISENEGGER, General Counsel, CENTRICA ENERGY
- HANS VON DER LINDE, General Counsel Downstream, Shell
- JOHN HENDY, LLM, PGDipHPE, CertEd, LLB(Hons), FRSA, MlfL, MCMI, Fellow of the HIGHER EDUCATION ACADEMY
- DAVID BATE, Group Legal Director, EON Exploration
- RANDAL BARKER, Group Legal and head of London Office, BHP BILLITON
- BOB PALMER, Partner, CMS CAMERON MCKENNA
- ANGELA KNIGHT, CEO, ENERGY UK
- ALISON KAY, Group General Counsel & Company Secretary, NATIONAL GRID
- MUNIR HASSAN, Partner, Head of Clean Energy, CMS CAMERON MCKENNA
- ANDREW HAYNES, recent Associate General Counsel, Global Corporate, BP
- TOM MELBYE, Head of Legal Global Strategy and Business Development, STATOIL
- PAUL TETLOW, Partner, Head of Corporate Group, K&L GATES
- ANNA BURCHNER, CEE Tax Group Coordinator, CMS CAMERON MCKENNA