A conference co-presented by AMPLA – The Resources and Energy Law Association and the IBA Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Law Section (SEERIL) with the support of the IBA Asia Pacific Regional Forum
Topics will include:
- Indonesia – changing the resources rules? What impact will changing rules in Indonesia have on mining and resources investment by current and potential investors in that country?
- Structuring exploration and development projects in Asia; the benefits and pitfalls: A look at laws and practice in three differing jurisdictions, Malaysia, Cambodia and Mongolia
- Recent developments for Indian infrastructure/resources projects: a look at Indian legislation, the bidding process, joint bid agreements, State concessions, environmental requirements and regulation and the impact of recent judgements
- Unconventional gas and its implications for Asia; the rapid development of unconventional gas projects globally has found its way to Asia. What does this mean both as a producer and a consumer?
- Use of expert determination in south east Asia: a look at it application and use in the region
- Model Documents: The Model Mining Development Agreement: an examination of the development, use and benefits of the MMDA
- Emerging energy and resources markets in the region: differing approaches in Myanmar, Laos, Thailand and East Timor
- Cross border transactions: an examination of relevant issues and laws.